Information for New Students for the Fall 2016 Semester
Welcome to the wonderful world of the performing arts, where your child will learn so much more than just how to move to the music! Poise, confidence, artistic expression, and manners are just a few of the extras your performer will learn in our studio. I hope that this journey brings much joy to you and your student.
To begin the enrollment process, please follow these steps: 1) Read The Dance Studio's policies. These can be found on the drop down menu under "Registration Information." When you enroll, you are agreeing to follow these policies.
2) Download the Family Registration Form from the website (or stop by the studio to get one).This is a form you only need to fill out one time and covers everyone in your family who takes classes or camps at The Dance Studio.After the firstdancer is enrolled, siblings get a 10% discount on their tuition.There is a $25.00 registration fee due at the time ofenrollment.
3) Download the media and health waivers from the website (or stop by the studio to get them).Each dancerenrolled at the studio must have a separate form filled out in his/her name.
4) Enroll in classes using our on-line form. The form is at the bottom of this page.
5) Get your dancer's gear ready. If you need shoes, leotards, tights, or other dance-related items, I may have them at the studio. If not, I can refer you to a place where you can get what you need. We do have a dress code for classes. Please email me if you have any questions about attire or dress code.
6) Pay your $25.00 spot-holding fee for each class or camp you are registered for. The spot-holding fee guarantees your dancer's spot in the class. This is especially important for classes which fill up, close, and have a wait list. Spots in a class are available to those who pay the fee first. The spot-holding fee is applicable to your tuition, but it is non-refundable if you decide not to take the class.
7) Tuition, Recital, and Optional Fees: a) Total tuition for Fall 2016 is $186 for one class that meets one hour per week. b) The recital fee varies, but you can budget approximately $90 for your show fee. This includes your dancer's costume, tights, and any other attire (not shoes) needed for the show; a show poster with your dancer's head shot in the middle; and 2 tickets to the show. c) Optional Fees include a DVD of the show (usually $15), additional tickets (varies from $8-$15), t-shirts, jackets, etc.
8) You can drop your paperwork (the three forms) and a check for $50.00 (registration + spot-holding fee) made out to The Dance Studio in the mailbox (please put it in a sealed envelope) at the studio at 920 Ida Street to continue the enrollment process. Or, email me, and we can set up a time for me to meet you there. Until classes begin in the fall, our hours vary greatly, but I can meet you at the studio if need be.
If you have any questions about enrolling, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is my main form of communication with studio parents. After you enroll, please be sure to check your email over the next several days for more information about the upcoming semester.
Thank you again for enrolling your dancer in The Dance Studio and for supporting the performing arts in Poplar Bluff. See you soon!