By enrolling your dancer in The Dance Studio, you agree to the following policies:
1) Inclement Weather Policy: In general, if Poplar Bluff Schools are closed for classes due to weather, The Dance Studio will also be closed for classes. However, if it is deemed that the roads are clear enough for people to drive on after the initial weather event, The Dance Studio may re-open before the school system does. Please watch your email and the studio's Facebook page for announcements related to this issue.
2) Attendance Policy: A) Students should attend every class. The first half of every semester focuses on skills and techniques. The second half of every semester continues skills and techniques and adds practice for recital. When students miss too many classes, they get behind in their technique. Dancers should not expect to perform well at recital if they are not regularly attending class. B) Students whose tuition is in arrears by two weeks or more will not be allowed to attend class until the balance is brought up to date.
3) Class Makeup Policies: A) For inclement weather~~when it is possible, The Dance Studio will schedule makeup classes for classes that have to be canceled due to inclement weather. B) For a regular student absence~~if there is another section of the class that a student is enrolled in, the student may makeup the missed class in the alternate section BEFORE the second half of the semester when recital dance practice begins. After recital study begins, the student will not be allowed to makeup the class in an alternate section.
4) Recital Policies: A) Dancing in recital is an option. It is assumed that all students will dance in recital. If your dancer is NOT going to dance in recital, you must inform The Dance Studio of that decision when recital study begins. This will allow the instructor to choreograph the dance so that your student is still learning during the second half of the semester without disrupting the integrity of the dance the other students will perform. Your dancer will be placed on the end of the line during class. In this way, when recital happens, the performing dancers will not notice or be confused by an empty space in the line. B) All tuition must be paid before recital. C) Recital costumes will not be released until all recital fees are paid. D) Parents are responsible for paying the extra cost for alterations to costumes. E) Tickets for recital are available on a first come, first served basis. Contact the studio for more information. F) The Dance Studio reserves the right to refuse to sell recital tickets to any given individual.
5) Student Behavior Policies: A) Students are expected to behave in a manner that is polite and respectful to all other students, faculty, and staff of The Dance Studio and to the parents, guardians, siblings, or other people in any given dancer's entourage who are in the studio or who are attending a studio event. B) The Dance Studio reserves the right to expel any student whose behavior is disruptive, disrespectful, or otherwise deemed inappropriate. C) Students and their parents or guardians will be notified if an incident occurs where unacceptable behavior occurs. A plan for an apology and further action will be made at that time. D) If a student persists in inappropriate behavior, the student and their parents or guardians will be given written notice that the behavior must stop immediately or the student will be expelled. E) If a student is expelled, there will be no refund for tuition or any recital expenses. F) Damage to The Dance Studio: Parents of students who damage studio property (either accidentally or on purpose), including but not limited to mirrors, music equipment, walls, barres, or stage set props, are expected to replace the damaged property within 30 days of the incident.
6) Lost and Found Policy: A) The Dance Studio is not responsible for personal items which are left or lost at the studio. Found items will be placed in the Lost and Found Box until the end of the current semester when they will be taken to Goodwill.
7) Purchased Items Policy: A) Items purchased at The Dance Studio from The Dance Studio must be paid for at the time of purchase or at the time of ordering for pre-paid items. B) Items purchased at The Dance Studio from an outside vendor (such as photos or DVDs) must follow the vendor's instructions. The Dance Studio is not responsible for the arrangement or agreement between the buyer and the seller. C) The Dance Studio may act an as intermediary between the buyer and an outside vendor for studio related products in order to make the ordering and delivery of the products easier for both the buyer and the outside vendor. However, The Dance Studio is in no way responsible for the products ordered or purchased in such an arrangement. D) The Dance Studio will make every reasonable effort to help outside vendors deliver their products to studio clients; however, it is ultimately the client's responsibility to retrieve their products. E) Items purchased from outside vendors during any given semester which are left at The Dance Studio will be held at the studio until the end of the next semester. After that time, The Dance Studio is no longer responsible for what happens to such items.
8) Student Drop-out Policies: A: No refunds will be given for students who choose to stop attending classes. B: If a student chooses to stop attending classes, the person who filled out the Family Registration Form must inform the studio in writing 30 days in advance of the drop-out date in order to receive a tuition credit. C: Tuition credit can only be used toward future classes and summer day-camps.
When you enroll in The Dance Studio classes or camps, you are agreeing to abide by the above policies.